Friday, January 23, 2009

The hormones

Hormones (from Greek ὁρμή - "impetus") are chemicals released by cells that affect cells in other parts of the body. Only a small amount of hormone is required to alter cell metabolism. It is essentially a chemical messenger that transports a signal from one cell to another. (from Wikipedia)

This second video Dr. Mark Hyman explains in a simple way - why we so often experience ups and downs - physically and emotionally - and how to achieve more balance by simply eliminating things like corn syrup from our diets. 






***

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to this video but unfortunately I can't play it

Anonymous said...

I was just discussing this with a friend. I need to find out what is causing my teeth to ache. I have a feeling it is because I like sugar.

Stop Energy Drains said...

Patricia, I tested everything and this video works fine for me.

Whenever a video on the website wouldn't play, try to refresh the page. Sometimes that helps.

veinglory said...

The wikipedia defintion is the literal one, most uses these days are less... literal. They say things are cleaned out but there is no particular science to it.

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow! We are going to come back and watch all of these videos!! Thanks for sharing! Got those end og the winter blues!! Thanks for sharing! All you info is very helpful!
Your FL furiends,

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to keep an open mind as I watch these, especially since I'm dealing with my thyroid, anxiety, and depression.

Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most

Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most
Google