Sunday, December 21, 2008

Florida Alligator on Pine Island

I think it was David and his Dead who made this impressive Florida Alligator out of sand on the Pine Island's beach this Saturday. I'd give it 5***** (out of 5) for all the detailed work but I don't think they built it for any kind of reward. They were just having fun playing in the sand.

The authors of this creation have not been there any more when I took these shots but rest assured that this sculpture had a lot of admirers all afternoon long!

 
The birds added some very sophisticated imprints as well... :)



***

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool- I can't do anything artistic. I"m sure people were glad to see this Alligator vs a real one!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that is very cool!

Anonymous said...

Totally cool!

BarbaraRae said...

This is very cool. Wonder if they could make an Alligator out of snow!

Living said...

Aw nice. I really want to make a sandcastle the next time I'm at the beach- maybe I'll try a sculpture!

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed at the artistic talents of the sandcastle builders! Very nice 'gator!

Emily Patterson-Kane said...

LOL, the bird footprints do add a certain authenticity to the texture.

Anonymous said...

I'd give it 5 stars as well.. and to the person who did it.. I was amazed when it was just made of sand.. Cool!

Sadie said...

That's so neat! I love to see sand art. There's a neat contest here in VA Beach each year. I love to go watch. These people are so talented!

Samantha & Mom said...

That Alligator is better in sand than in person for sure!! We love sand art!
Your FL furiends,

Anonymous said...

How come I never get to see those kind of things on Pine Island when I go? I guess I'll have to visit more often :)

Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most

Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most
Google