Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dayflower



Ever since the rainy season started on June 1, we get some rain almost every single day. That's obviously what Dayflowers (Commelina erecta), also called Widow's Tears, like a lot. Because last year I was hardly able to catch a few throughout the growing season and this year they grow and bloom in abundance.



Every morning when I open the window in one of the rooms, facing north, I notice new blooms that simply glow through all the greenery and are simply impossible to miss since they excell in such an unusual tone of blue.



I have to say that because of that unusual color, dayflowers are quite tricky to photograph. In the sun, they look almost white or very pale so it's very important to catch them early in the morning, in the shade. They are simply enchanting. I hope you can feel that from some of my best photos, posted here.




Learn more about dayflower: description, propagation and landscape uses - and see more pictures.




***

No comments:

Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most

Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most
Google