Thursday, April 3, 2008

Chives and Roses

Chives


I don't know what your experiences are regarding chives (and roses) but I just realized that my onion chives are absolutely thriving in a large planter underneath the tea-rose bush. This is the biggest chive plant I have. It's blooming and growing and I keep harvesting. There's never a shortage.

At this point I'm still only guessing if this lavish growth is due to the fact that I keep the soil in this planter moderately moist (since that's what roses like) or is it due to favorable companionship. Or maybe a combination of both.

Wait a minute... Now that I think about it - this rose bush was never doing too well but now with the chives right next to it, it's blooming abundantly - like never before! Go figure...

By the way (in case you're wondering) - there's no fertilizers involved. For watering I use the recycled kitchen water (besides the rain water) and I add compost to the planter every once in a while.

Rose




***

No comments:

Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most

Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most
Google